I’m sure you’ve all heard the saying “you become what you think of yourself.” I am one of the people who can attest to this first hand. I remember when at a point in my life I was always negative and would complain about pretty much anything and everything. Nothing was ever good enough or just enough to make me smile and be happy (ok maybe apart from a 220kgs squat then, haha).
With my line of work, being a Personal Trainer and a Nutritionist this means always being around people, healing people, changing people…in short it’s all about people and I have people who definitely look up to me to inspire so there is no room for negativity (well in any career I believe positivity always reigns supreme) and that’s why I chose to live life positively each day.
THINK POSITIVE, POSITIVE THINGS HAPPEN.
Ever since I started doing this-with guidance from an awesome human being-Life has become one of the best places I always want to be, A Beach.
Each morning I have my ritual:
1. Wake up and ask myself this question “is what you do worth it?” Until now the answer is always YES. I have told myself the day I wake up and it’s a NO then “Houston we have a problem.”
2. Log into Pinterest and go through my board with my saved positive quotes, art, hip hop rhymes etc which I take about 5 mins.
3. Put a motivational speech or bodybuilding and fitness video on loud and let it play as I do my thing (shower, prep coffee, pack meals etc)
4. Go to my notepad and write down my positive thoughts and anything new I hope to achieve in that year or that week or that day. I always walk around with a notepad too in case I get ideas for my poetry or my writing I put them down.
5. Look for a post and share on my social media pages…as I have a coffee of course, I mean Coffee is a beach too.
And with that done I am ready to take on the day. I have done this for the past 2 years now (ok well maybe missed a few days when the vodka didn’t let me wake up, or squats kicked my ass bad or I was at the Beach). This well maybe 20-30 mins everyday practice has really changed my mindset when it comes to everything I do (my job, workout, friends, just life in general). I picture my life as a beach and well the bad days are just like the storms that come through, eventually they will pass and you have to be strong enough to be able to endure them. I believe the universe gives us struggles that we have the power to conquer and that’s why not everyone is born in the same kind of circumstance or situation.
Each of us have our own paths to take, own demons to fight, a story to tell and people to inspire.
The Beach: For me that beachfront property is my ultimate goal.
So you will see me refer to most of my goals as The Beach or simply Beach. This way every time I think of Beach I am thinking of my ultimate goal, and I am a huuuuuuuge believer of the saying “if you visualize it, you can achieve it.” Question is, do you have a Beach?
I suggest getting a ritual which will motivate you towards your Beach (goals) and the will give you your version of what you believe success or even ultimate success is. This way you have a day-to-day goal, week-to-week goals, month-to-month goals and even year-to -year goals which will motivate you to wake up each day and kick ass at what you do.
“YOU ARE WHAT YOU THINK. THINK SUCCESS.”
I hope this will motivate you and help you stay focused on your Beach (or beaches😂). We all have different Beaches we want to achieve, all it takes is one step a time. Enjoy the journey, save the memories…it’s not a race.